We envision a composing industry free from sexual abuse, harassment, prejudice, and marginalization.
Welcome to the Female Composer Safety League. Women are severely under-represented and under-protected in the field of composing, and we are setting out to change that.
We provide visibility, safety, advancement, and empowerment of women with a trauma-informed space for victims of sexual abuse in the music composing industry.
We Are Doing This By:
- Breaking the industry's stigmas surrounding trauma and shame
- Developing and establishing a progressive industry code of conduct
- Providing a safe space in weekly online meetings for female composers to network, ask questions and support each other
- Organizing online guest lectures and discussions on issues of safety, inclusion, advancement, and empowerment
- Increasing awareness of the issues faced by marginalized composers through informational campaigns and calls to action
- Offering support and guidance to up-and-coming female composers through personal and business mentoring
We welcome anyone who self-identifies as female, or non-binary, as full members with access to our meetings and resources.
The Female Composer Safety League is a public charity under IRC code 501(c)(3).